Our world has recently become a world of online presence. In the pandemic times we mainly work remotely. As an industry that relies upon travel and thrives on face-to-face interactions, we are truly aware that the recent coronavirus outbreak is a pressing concern for many professionals: those who work in event management, those who used to travel the world to take part in the board meetings and meet different stakeholders, those who take part in panel discussions, to name just a few.
Indeed, in light of the virus’ rapid spread, many events and meetings across the globe have been cancelled or postponed to help minimise the risk of contamination.
How do you create connections when you aren’t face-to-face…?
What if those events and meetings could be hosted, managed and delivered remotely and in any language?
Well wonder no more: companies with multilingual meetings are trying to find a way to push them online and they are actually successful: it is entirely possible and the technology exists – we all use video communication tools such as Skype or Hangouts every day. But many have limitations on time, the number of users or interface control and they lack an important element for multilingual events: an interpreter.
Remote Simultaneous Interpreting (RSI) is known to be revolutionizing the world of interpreting. It is to be considered the best solution for simultaneous interpretation at conferences and web meetings in which several foreign languages are spoken.
The benefits of a remote interpreting service are clear:
– It’s designed for situations where speakers, delegates and interpreters cannot travel
– There’s no need for infrastructure, costly monthly subscriptions or expensive software license – just click on the link or download an app and you’re ready to go
– It can support any number of speakers, interpreters and languages
– It allows sharing of presentations and chat among users
– It’s flexible and scalable – events can be arranged at short notice, sometimes within a few hours!
SeproTec’s Remote Interpreting Platform covers all bases, as it is in essence a remote event conferencing software which includes consecutive or simultaneous interpretation, enabling conversations supporting any number of users and languages.